A few weeks ago, we brought you a story on the resignation of the WhatsApp Founder Jan Koum from the company, click here if you missed the story
Facebook acted swiftly by installing its VP of Internet.org as the new head of WhatsApp, expanding its mission to get people into “meaningful” groups to WhatsApp.
Today, WhatsApp launched a slew of new features for Groups on iOS and Android that let admins set a description for their community and decide who can change the Groups settings to help people better connect and interact on the platform.
Below are some new features introduced by the messaging giant
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR CHANNEL
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.
We’ve also introduced protection so users can’t be repeatedly added to groups they’ve left. These features are available for Android and iPhone users today. Enjoy these new updates!